Contax Law are working with is a leading fin tech trading house who are seeking to hire a Global Head of Legal. The role will be based in Amsterdam but have coverage for their offices across Europe, Americas and Asia.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a similar position in a high paced organisation, have excellent communication and management skills, is driven, strategic and at the same time hands-on and used to dealing with the business and providing a commercial and collaborative approach.
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer you and your team will provide support, advice and counsel to the Management Board, in respect to legal matters; risk based assessment, risk mitigation, advising on corporate approvals or not or where disclosure would be required. Lead and manage the legal team of 3 further senior legal counsels and 2 legal assistants. The role will also work closely with all local managing directors helping to offer and support wider operations directives to the group.
• 12+ years of relevant industry experience at a financial markets or legal finance team of a bank, trading firm, investment firm and/or international law firm in a similar field of expertise
• Dutch, UK or equivalent US state law Degree
• Strong generalist knowledge of the financial markets, commercial contracting and corporate structuring related contracts
• Knowledge of the financial market ecosystem and the role of the various player in it (CCPs, various types of platforms, clearing and settlement process, etc) in general
• Knowledge of the ETP/ETF ecosystem
• Experience in negotiation of finance documentation / financial markets and/or trading documentation
• Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in hearing about other roles please download our mobile App and register to receive real-time job alerts tailored to your experience here: